NASAGA is a wonderful organization that is run through the work of all the members, but especially the volunteeer NASAGA board of directors which helps set the goals, continue the conference marketing and online presence, and keep the paperwork and finances organized. We are wondering if YOU are interested in joining this work.
If you are interested, here is the skinny:
- We have monthly, hour-long calls to go through the current status and to do items (and we have fun on the calls as well)
- We meet together at the conference site for a day-long planning session the Tuesday before the conference
- We have an extended meeting in the April-May timeframe for a mid-year extended session (virtual or on location).
- We all have roles (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Online, Marketing, Networking, Conference, etc) to help focus us
- We ask for a 3-year commitment on the board, with 1 time to renew (for a total of 6 years).
- We really would love to have someone who has treasurer experience in this new board class =)
- It would be nice if have experience attending a NASAGA conference in the past (or want to come back to the board after a time away).
We are looking to add 1-3 new board members this year and announce them at the Philly conference. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org soon (hopefully before our next call in mid-Sept, so we can discuss).